Thursday, October 27, 2005

Adventures in the land of beverages and candy

I've been trying out a lot of weird foodstuffs lately, and so there will be *THREE* food adventures in one in this post! I am going to present them in order of yummieness.

I don't like milk very much. Sure - I'll eat it with my cereal (when I have cereal), but I don't drink it. That makes it extra weird that I had some strange milk lately. It began when I saw an ad on TV. It was a crappy local ad, and it said "Just for football season! Mile High Milk! It tastes like a dreamsicle!" My initial reaction was that it was the most disgusting thing I had ever heard of, but as the days went by - I became more and more curious. Finally one day I saw it and target, and realized that I must consume it.















I took my first drink.



The following image is a timelapse of my reaction. What happened was that it tasted like sweet milk, but then... it tasted like a dreamsicle!!!!



So the Mile High Milk was especially yummy, but I must never consume it again because it is really, really unhealthy.

The next yummiest thing that I did was inspired by Rachel's health-nut co-worker and a movie that Rachel happens to own. I had heard about chilli in chocolate for the first time in the movie "Chocolat" and I was intrigued. What I didn't know was that such a thing actually exists and is readily available from Wild Oats. Once I found that out - nothing could hold me back.



At first bite, it was kind of nasty because the chocolate is SO dark. I'm not that big a fan of dark chocolate.



Once the spice kicked in, I knew this was a taste sensation not to be missed!



It certainly was very interesting, but it wasn't really good. I still haven't finished the bar.

The last thing I ate was disgusting, so disgusting in fact, that I don't have all the pictures I need to make a post. So you'll have to keep waiting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmm orange milk...

Bruce said...

This is my frustration: you think you are being really deceptive and sneaky by not revealing the most disgusting drink in the universe, and then, lo and behold, I think I know what it is.

I own stock in Jones Soda, and sir, I work for living. Be careful. This is not a threat, but a promise: I love you.
-ft

Bruce said...

Can you not publish a post until October 28, 2006, that says something to the effect of "I have not published a post in over a year" ?

-MGMT